Thursday, March 24, 2011

Persona Friday: Cherry Blossoms

One of my favorite things about Firefox is the Personas add-on. In fact, one of the top tags on my Diigo account is "Christmas Personas." I also use Personas Rotators, so I get a new Persona every few minutes. It definitely falls under the category of "small things that make me happy," because seeing a particularly cute one when I've had a bad day or a gorgeous nature one when I'm stuck inside because of bad weather definitely brightens my day.

I'm constantly browsing the site, I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. All the cherry trees in bloom now, so I'd thought I'd share some of my favorite cherry blossom Personas.

1. A Flowering Springtime Cherry

2. Cherry Blossom Sakura

3. White Cherry Blossoms in the Sun

4. Pink Cherry Blossoms

5. Sakura Flower Symbol of Japan



How to use Personas: Go to the Personas page and click the green button to install. After that, you can click on the Persona you like and choose "Wear This" or, if you're created an account, add it to your favorites by clicking "Add to Favorites."

Installing the Personas Rotator: Go to here and click the green "Add to Firefox" button. You'll be required to restart Firefox and then you can enable it by going to the Tools menu, then selection the Personas sub-menu, then the Persona's Rotator sub-menu, then selected "Enable Rotation." If you create an account at Get Personas, it will cycle through the Personas in your favorites. If not, it will cycle through random Personas. Warning: If you just allow it to rotate through random personas without creating an account, it will pick from all the available Personas. While I haven't encountered anything terribly offensive, I limit the Peronas to my favorites so that every third rotation isn't a sexy woman in a bikini.)

No comments:

Post a Comment